Valve is one of the most respected and revered creative companies in the world. How do they create an environment in which designers can thrive, and build great products as a result?
Author Archives: garrett
I’m a twenty-something living in Seattle, having graduated from the University of Washington in 2010 with a BA in Near Eastern Languages & Civilization – naturally, I’m pursuing a career in web, graphic, and UX design.
You can reach me by filling out this contact form, or on LinkedIn here.
I’d say I’m best at:
- Photoshop & Illustrator
- User interaction design (UX)
- Social interaction design
I’m functional in:
- PHP – The extent of my PHP knowledge comes from thorough interaction with the WordPress platform
- Ruby on Rails – I’ve developed for sites using Ruby and so am familiar with the file structure, but I’ve never coded for it
I don’t know much about:
- SQL (other than wordpress usage)
- Java, objective C
In the beginning, there was MySpace. Well, sort of. MySpace was the genesis of the social networking phenomenon, if not the first social network in existence. It brought the concept of social networking to a larger number of “netizens” (remember …
Kiha Software hired me to run compatibility testing for Aro, their mobile personal information management product. When I started, they hadn’t yet done any thorough compatibility testing, and hadn’t publicly declared the testing they had completed. I immediately set to …